Friday, July 20, 2007

What I learned from my students.

What I learned from my class today

Teaching international real estate is great because I always learn so much from the students. Today’s student mix included Asians, Latins, a German, a Scot and many others with extensive international backgrounds.

I learned about “strat-titles”. I hope I spelled that right. It is a form of ownership using an artificial entity. It is popular in Central America. I can’t believe that as many times as I have been there, I had never heard of it.

A strat title is a very common system for holding property title. In many places it is very expensive to transfer property; but relatively cheap to transfer ownership of a company or other artificial entity. By taking title in the “strat title” the transfer of ownership becomes much cheaper.
s
I learned about a type of Indian Feng-shue called vaastu. Vaastu is the science of direction that combines all the five elements of nature and balances them with the man and the material. Vaastu Shastra is creating a congenial setting or a place to live or work, in the most scientific way taking advantages of the benefits bestowed by the five elements called “Paancha Maha Bhootas” of nature thereby paving the way for enhanced health, wealth, prosperity and happiness in an enlightened environment The five elements are earth, air, fire, water and space.

I learned a lot about Las Vegas. I never realized that this was a huge 2nd home market. There is also a very large Philipino community here.

No comments: