Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Lot Polish and Orbitz

Why I will never book with either one of these companies again:

In May I taught a CIPS Institute in Romania. I made the serious mistake of booking my ticket with Orbitz. Have you ever tried to communicate with Orbitz other than to buy a ticket?

Orbitz booked me an illegal connection in Newark NJ. I took US Air to Newark from Charlotte. They were 15 minutes late. I went to the Lot Polish check in. They would not let me check in because there was less than an hour before my flight. I had to be in Romania the next morning. The only help they were willing to give me was to "try" to put me on the next days flight. I went back to USAir. Not much help there. They did find me an alternative flight on Continental.

I went back to Lot Polish. They had closed and gone home. I booked on Continental and paid for it myself. When I came back I tried for refunds and complained to the FHA. I stopped the payment on my credit card. The credit card did not understand so they went ahead after a couple of months and reinstated the payment. I paid for 2 tickets. I only flew once. I would strongly advise against booking any ticket with Orbitz.

David Segrest is a REALTOR in Charlotte, NC

David S. Segrest, CIPS, CCIM, TRC, CEA
david@segrestrealty.com
http://www.segrestrealty.com
Serving the world in the Carolinas, Serving the Carolinas in the World

No comments: