Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The World is your Oyster

Think about where you would go, what you would do if you could go and do anything you wish. You can you know. Sometimes we feel limited by money, time, relationships etc. These things may be a problem. They can be planned around. I remember asking my wife. Why don’t we live is South America (she is from Colombia). She said, “if I wanted to be there, I wouldn’t be here.” As much as I would like to be in South America, I would rather be with her. That is the choice I make.

The international real estate profession is the key to the world. I know that I can do this anywhere. I just have to be more willing to be away from the familiar. In the case of most things, I could leave tomorrow. In the case of my wife, I’ll stay here. The best thing about real estate is that in addition to being able to do it anywhere, it can also be done nowhere. No location is required. A homeless person could do it with a laptop and a cellphone. They might could go to Starbucks and use Skype.

What are the choices you will make?

David Segrest is a REALTOR® in Charlotte NC. His website is http://www.segrestrealty.com His email is david@segrestrealty.com He is also a contributor on Argentina to: http://realestatebloginternational.com/

No comments: