Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bill Clinton Comes to Thomas St. Tavern

Bill Clinton Comes to Thomas St. Tavern
Friday at about 12:00 my friend Eddie Clark called me. “David, are you in town?”
“I am Eddie. What’s up?”
“You have got to get down to Thomas St. right away. This place is crawling with secret service. Bill Clinton is coming here for lunch.”
That was a fortuitous occasion. My favorite president and my favorite tavern were in the same place at the same time. I was supposed to have lunch with a friend; but I called and cancelled. I got to see Bill Clinton and Erskine Bowles having lunch. Nobody much knew about it so the place was pretty quiet except for all of the secret service people. President Clinton had a salad and a “Garden Burger”. He drank unsweetened ice tea. He has lost a lot of weight.
David Segrest is a REALTOR in Charlotte NC. His website is http://www.segrestrealty.com His email is david@segrestrealty.com

No comments: