Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Shanghai Re-visited

Shanghai Re-visited

I got back to Shanghai yesterday afternoon (7/8/08). I was last here in 2006. The airport has doubled in size. The real estate has doubled in price. Many of the empty spaces in Pudong have been filled in. Many of the full spaces in Puxi have been torn down and replaced with something bigger and better. The city just feels prosperous.

I needed to add some pages to my passport. On advice from Jeff Hornberg of NAR, instead of mailing the passport off, I just went to the US Consulate here. I got to the building at 8:05 AM. It was locked so I walked around the building until I found and open door. The elevators in the front banks do not go to the 8th floor where the consulate is. The security guard helped me find the right elevator. There were probably a hundred or more people already there. I won’t say the words I was thinking.

The guards seemed to know what I wanted. They ushered me to the front of the line and into the consulate. I went through security took a number filled out a paper gave up and got back my passport with 22 extra pages in about 30 minutes. Thank you Jeff for a great idea.


David Segrest is a REALTOR in Charlotte NC. His website is http://www.segrestrealty.com His email is david@segrestrealty.com

No comments: