Thursday, August 28, 2008

Conventional Wisdom

Conventional Wisdom
So far this convention season, we’ve heard mostly conventional rhetoric. The democratic convention has mostly addressed domestic issues. I consider these to be very important because the USA economy is extremely important to world economy. Barbara Boxer spoke about the environment. I believe the Democrats are more trustworthy stewards of the environment than the Republicans. I fear that either side will subordinate the ecology to the economy. Short term gain, long term pain.
John McCain spoke to the American Legion convention. He seems to have convinced them that being a veteran is a qualification for being president. I am a veteran. I am not qualified to be president. He accused Barack Obama of linking the problems in Georgia to Iraq. I don’t think Obama did that; but I do think they are linked. I also think the current republican administration’s belligerent attitude has set the tone for other administrations around the world.
Our second rule of international real estate is: “Capital flows to the highest yield with the lowest risk.” Peace and harmony reduce risk. Peace and harmony attract investment.


David Segrest is a REALTOR in Charlotte NC. His website is http://www.segrestrealty.com His email is david@segrestrealty.com

No comments: