Friday, October 31, 2008

Networking and Educational Opportunities

Networking and Educational Opportunities
This will be my 3rd downturn experienced as a real estate agent. I survived the 1st 2. Frankly I am afraid this time. This downturn will probably outlast the 1st 2. There are 3 choices available. 1) I can get a job in a convenience store or a fast food restaurant. 2) I can hunker down, cut expenses, and be like a turtle in a shell until the storm blows over. 3) I can find a way to prosper because of the downturn.
Admitted, I am on the edge of option 2 right now. If I don’t cut expenses, I will not have the capital to attempt option 3. I don’t know what option 3 is. Next week I will spend Monday in Miami at a special pre-convention (NAR) conference with international practitioners from around the world. Picking the brains of the best real estate agents on the planet will be my priority.
Tuesday, I will go to Orlando for the NAR convention. With all of the opportunities offered there, if I don’t at least get a clue for option 3, it will be time for option 1. You can be there too. We can talk. Maybe we can help each other. Register at: http://www.realtor.org/meetings_and_expo . I would much rather see you there than at the convenience store.
David Segrest is a REALTOR in Charlotte NC. His website is http://www.segrestrealty.com His email is david@segrestrealty.com

No comments: