Thursday, November 13, 2008

No Convenience Store (for awhile)

No Convenience Store (for awhile)
I always learn new tricks and get new ideas at the NAR convention. This year was no exception. In addition to a lot of new contacts and some really great ideas, my wife and I had a really good time. I am still going to have to trim expenses and I am going to have to make some small investments in my office setup. I do have a new direction for my company.
Going way back to something I heard Jim Teat (one of the most successful land assemblers I have ever met) say. He said, “I don’t buy land, I sell dreams.” The trade show in Orlando had many beautiful 2nd home locations on display. I am going to turn my office into a dream center. I will set up a library of properties and a nice DVD player to show the properties that people have an interest in. I will advertise that “I can help make your dreams come true.” People will come to my dream center and talk about their dreams. We will select the properties around the world that fulfill the most of their desires and watch them on the screen. The dreamers will be introduced to the developers and a visit will be scheduled.
I also got certified to teach the “Doing Business in Mexico” class. The course is for brokers; but it can be adapted for the general public. That is one of the things I will do to get my “Dream Center” populated.s
David Segrest is a REALTOR in Charlotte NC. His website is http://www.segrestrealty.com His email is david@segrestrealty.com

No comments: