Friday, December 26, 2008

Negativism & Bad News

Negativism & Bad News
The news has been so gloomy lately, I’ve just been expecting the whole world to come down around my ears; so when I felt something hit my ankles, I thought: My God it is even worse than I thought. When I got the courage up and looked down I realized it was only my pants. What on earth is the government up to now? Or maybe it’s the banks?
It is time to go back to the old basics. Don’t sweat the small stuff. -It’s all small stuff. Don Juan’s “man of power” knows that nothing really matters. He behaves as if everything does. Reality check…vacancy rates in the properties I manage are lower than they were last year at this time. Delinquencies are no better; but they are no worse. Neither my immediate family nor myself are sick. The greenhouse is doing well.
These are small things. They affect my life more than GDP per Capita or unemployment. I can sell all of my stocks and have a loss for my taxes. I can buy better stocks and just wait. Life is good…or at least good enough.



David Segrest is a REALTOR in Charlotte NC. His website is http://www.segrestrealty.com His email is david@segrestrealty.com

No comments: