Thursday, December 27, 2007

Infrastructure, Trade & International Real Estate(Pt. 2)

Infrastructure, Trade & International Real Estate (Part 2)
I once had a listing in a small country in the West Indies. I spent a night there to understand the listing and get a perspective on marketing it. Getting there required a flight to San Juan, Puerto Rico and an overnight stay. The next morning a prop jet carried me to the capitol of this island. A 3 ½ hour drive by jeep fording a small river twice got me to the property.
It was a wonderful home, built into the side of the mountain. Solar heat and electricity and spring water were not just adequate; but exceptional. By walking about 2/10 of a mile to the top of a hill I was able to use my cell phone.
Going back required the same drive. The overnight stay was in the capital of this country in a fairly primitive beachfront hotel instead of San Juan. The flight back to San Juan started with a hand search of my baggage in the public part of the airport and a repeat performance on the secure side of the airport. In San Juan the flight connected on the same day. It was a great trip and a wonderful experience. I never sold the property. What do you think was the problem?
David Segrest is a REALTOR in Charlotte NC. His website is http://www.segrestrealty.com His email is david@segrestrealty.com

No comments: