Thursday, May 15, 2008

Airports & International Travel (Pt. 2)

Airports & International Travel (Pt. 2)

When I think of the horrible events of last year, I am really thankful for United Air Lines. I am not very thankful for Verizon Wireless. My “international phone” doesn’t work in Frankfurt. It hasn’t worked anywhere yet.

When I got to the gate in DC, the gate attendant told me that I wasn’t going to be able to get on the plane; because my luggage would be with Austrian Airlines and would not be with me. I told him, “I have to be in Varna, with or without my luggage. Can I get upgraded to 1st class with miles?” He sent me to the 1st class lounge to get a new ticket, while he held the plane. When I got back, he not only upgraded me to business class, he comp’d me because the video didn’t work. I admit to being worried about my luggage; but at least I know it won’t be there; so I won’t waste a lot of time looking for it. I can just go to lost luggage and start the search.


David Segrest is a REALTOR in Charlotte NC. His website is http://www.segrestrealty.com His email is david@segrestrealty.com

No comments: