Monday, May 12, 2008

Airports & International Travel (Pt. 1)

Another adventure begins as I head for Bulgaria & Romania. I am so excited about the opportunity to renew some old acquaintances that I will forgive the problems of travel and the missing of the NAR meetings in DC. One of my favorite events of the year. I always go the airport early for two reasons. 1) If things go wrong, I am ahead of the curve. 2) If I am lucky enough to fly out of concourse C, I can go to Phillips Seafood.

Nobody goes to the airport to eat; but Phillips Seafood in Charlotte is worth it. My original flight on United Mesa was so late that I would have missed my connection to Vienna. A transfer to USAir sent me to concourse C and Phillips Seafood. So…My battery got low as I was writing. I have had an adventure since it stopped. The USAir flight was delayed by an hour meaning I would still miss my connection. Almost the same as what happened last year; but with one big difference: This time I bought my ticket from United.

I got on the phone with United via the number on the back of my Gold Card. They re-routed me through Frankfurt and on to Vienna. Hopefully, I will still make my original flight to Varna. I am writing this from the Lufthansa lounge in Frankfurt. So far so good. At least I am on the right side of the ocean. There is not a wireless connection here other than T-Mobile; so I will not be able to post right now.

No comments: