Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Years Resolutions

Written 12/30/08
New Years Resolutions
Each year at this time I begin working on some goals and action plans for the coming year. I review last year’s goals and resolutions and see how well I did. I have to admit, since I began this process 25 years ago, this is the worst I have ever done. The problem is not that I did not accomplish my goals. I did not even really work on them much. That is my major resolution for this year: To be more conscientious about my resolutions (and goals).
So, what did I do wrong? My goals for 2008 were definitely bold enough. Maybe they were too bold. I am thinking about something Charles DuBois said. I can’t remember it exactly; but paraphrased it is: You may have to be willing to give up who you are in order to become what you might be. I can see now that I was not making this commitment. I am not even sure I know how to do it. That will be my first step in this year’s goals.
What does this have to do with international real estate? If you are experiencing what I am, I am sure it will mean something for you. If you are not, those of us who are can use your help.
David Segrest is a REALTOR in Charlotte NC. His website is http://www.segrestrealty.com His email is david@segrestrealty.com

No comments: