Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Silver Lining

The Silver Lining
They say, “Every dark cloud has a silver lining”. I am looking hard. Does having more time to spend on my blog count? I am not giving up on the silver lining. I know that soon I will have a new business model that works. I have been here before and survival always comes and the business always comes back stronger.
Until mid December the rentals were pretty strong. Since then tenants have been hard to find. The good news is new properties are not hard to find. Building up the rental property base will be good if they rent. They will. It may not be at the desired price; but they will rent. Credit standards will have to be relaxed a little bit; but not too much. It is better to have an empty house ready to rent than a house with a bad tenant.
A lot of us old dogs are probably learning some new technology tricks. This will make us more competitive and more efficient. Maybe there is a silver lining.

Please help me in my search for a new model. What do you think the world of real estate will look like next year?

David Segrest is a REALTOR in Charlotte NC. His website is http://www.segrestrealty.com His email is david@segrestrealty.com

No comments: