Thursday, June 18, 2009

Possible New Model

Possible New Model

What are we selling anyway? I sold one house when I first got into the business. I vowed to never do it again. The furnace gave problems, the plumbing leaked, everything went wrong. I had to fight like crazy to hold the deal together. No more selling houses. After that I helped people buy and sell homes. Gradually that expanded to commercial properties, management and international. Those markets are still there; but they have slowed down.

Some international brokers are selling fractionals and off plan properties. Some are working on foreclosures and short sales. These markets don’t appeal to me. Helping people is better than taking advantage of them. 23 years in this business and a lot of really great classes and experiences have packed my head with all kinds of useful stuff. So have my life experiences. What can I do with this to help people and make a living? This has been my dominating question for months now. Maybe the answer is close.

Is there hope for the people who find themselves owning off-plan contracts and fractionals? It is doubtful that there will be a large enough profit to make a commission very attractive to the sellers. How long will it be before an after-market develops in fractionals? What kind of license will be required to deal with this market? Perhaps a brain storm service to help people unload white elephants would work. It could be done on a fee basis instead of commission. That way the broker can help make the deal instead of prevent it.

David Segrest is a REALTOR® in Charlotte NC. His website is http://www.segrestrealty.com His email is david@segrestrealty.com He is also a contributor on Argentina to: http://realestatebloginternational.com/

No comments: