Monday, April 28, 2008

Pardon my Soapbox

Pardon my Soapbox
As I prepare for another trip to Romania and Bulgaria, last years nightmare caused by Orbitz and Lot Polish Airlines is still fresh in my mind. I can halfway forgive Lot Polish, my trip home was nice. The little Nazis at their ticket counter in Newark and the errors and inaccessibility of Orbitz still burn.
It cost me an extra $1800 to get to my destination. USAir was 15 minutes late. The Nazis would not let me on the plane, nor would they help me rebook. Try to call Orbitz sometime. They are a cyberspace illusion. After letters to both airlines, Orbitz and the FAA, Lot Polish agreed to give me back $442 for the segment I did not fly. That’s better than a swift kick between the legs. There’s a catch. They sent the money to Orbitz to refund to me.
This was in September, I am still begging them for the money. They acknowledge having it. They just don’t send it to me. Accept this as a fair warning. Any company dealing in millions of dollars of tickets every day that can’t afford to send out $442 may be on the verge of bankruptcy. What will your Orbitz tickets be worth if this happens?


David Segrest is a REALTOR in Charlotte NC. His website is http://www.segrestrealty.com His email is david@segrestrealty.com

No comments: