Sunday, June 8, 2008

California Dreamin'

California Dreamin’

I’m writing from the Red Carpet Club in San Francisco Airport. At the end of a Middle East and Africa course, I want to share some of what I learned from my students and a co-instructor. Only 1 student was from California; and he was not from the San Francisco area. He said the residential market was “a little slow”. The commercial market is doing fine. He is working with Israeli investors.

Two agents from Belize are doing more buying than selling. They say the Chinese are gobbling up all the good beachfront properties in Belize. Smart people. My co-instructor was a refugee from IBM who had worked in Namibia, and Zambia. I was really impressed with what he told us about these countries. I intend to let them be the subject of future research and another blog or two.

I got to meet with a former student from a Nicaragua class. He has a really interesting property of around 200 acres, waterfront in Panama on the Caribbean side. He does not have an exclusive listing; so I am afraid to talk about it. He is working on the listing. If he gets it, I will feature the property here.

David Segrest is a REALTOR in Charlotte NC. His website is http://www.segrestrealty.com His email is david@segrestrealty.com

No comments: