Saturday, June 28, 2008

Trying to Dodge Stupidity is Stupid

Trying to Dodge Stupidity is Stupid

I just received my Visa for next weeks trip to China. I had to send my passport (one of my most prized possessions) off to get the visa. I was afraid that embassy personnel ( being beurocrats) might lose my passport. I used “China Visa Service”. Their application includes two places for the shipping address. I put my post office as preferred.

I put my office as the second because they ship by FED-EX. My passport did not come Monday. I called Tuesday AM. They said it had been sent Friday and I should have it. They gave me the tracking #. I tracked it and found that there had been an attempted delivery at 10:00 and they would try again on Wednesday. I knew I was in my office all morning, I cursed FED-EX for stupidity and made signs for the doors saying to come on in and leaving my cell phone #.

When I got home, there was a door tag on my back door indicating the attempted delivery. They could not change delivery address without contacting the shipper. I managed to get them to deliver to a FED-EX office near my office. I could have saved about $40 and sent my passport to the Chinese Embassy. I will do that next time.


David Segrest is a REALTOR in Charlotte NC. His website is http://www.segrestrealty.com His email is david@segrestrealty.com

No comments: